Friday, September 9, 2011

the photo that started everything



Okay, so by now you should know the story... I met a handsome lad in Asia, fancied him a bit, followed him and his wonderful friend around Asia for a while and had a great time. He left, I felt weird and decided I was moving to (near) Prague, for a while. I will refer to him as the catalyst and everything else as the reasons I'm going to the Czech Republic.

In August 2009 I wrote my Facebook status as "I want to run away" and when my friends questioned where, I said: "Prague". Somewhere along the way, I'd decided I would love Prague. I can't remember if someone told me I would, or if I just started googling places to go. Maybe it was the fact that Lonely Planet told me that chocolate bars were only 9 cents. I'm not really sure what it was, but I remember googling Prague and I found this photo. And I fell in love.

I can't wait to stand on the little cobblestone streets, starring in awe at the beautiful buildings (read: castles), while I dig my feet in. Soon I'll be realising the little wish my twenty-one-year-old self had on a random day in August. Almost two years have passed and now I'm finally running away to Prague.

I have a familiar feeling. The same one felt when I watched Slumdog Millionare and the question "How did he do it?" came on screen.

The answer is, of course, d).

It is written.

4 comments:

Sladja said...

Awww how lovely said!
Beautiful!

xoxo

Emily said...

Gorgeous photo - I can see why you fell in love - and gorgeous post.

Unknown said...

Your adventures are just beginning. Best of luck, really!

<3 Daryl

Celia Rose said...

I know nothing about Prague.. but that photo really makes me want to visit! :)