Sunday, November 14, 2010

Life

I've done exactly what this pretty little text block says. I didn't like my job, so I quit it. I've booked a few one way flights (more to come). I am meeting people and being united in our differences. I am exploring my passions. I am taking time out from what I am "supposed to do" to do what "I want to do". Because this is my life and you only get one.

I haven't set an alarm in five days. I don't have to do anything, so my days are filled with things I want to do. I am off to Brisbane in a few days, and while I am excited about that little part of my journey I am going to be very sad to be leaving Sydney. I've enjoyed spending more time with some good friends, and I've met a lot of new awesome people. I guess the thing about hostels is that no one is really here for a long time, but every one is here for a good time. It's friendships with more fun and less drama than you'd ordinarily find. Exactly what I needed right now.

I still haven't booked my flights to Thailand, it's a bit hard when the internet is sold in 15 minute blocks. I probably should sort it out soon though.

I love how uncomplicated my life is right now. I feel really free and at peace.

I am missing my friends a lot though, but as a good friend once wrote me; friendship is not being inseparable, it's being separated and knowing nothing will change :)

xx lots of love

No comments: