Saturday, June 25, 2011

six.

I'm in Auckland now. I called this place home for almost a year, but it doesn't feel that way anymore.

It's a neat city and I'm spoiled in terms of how many amazing friends I have here. The other day I went to my friend's and she'd baked me delicious pastries and the most divine chocolate cake. It was fudgey and lovely. I could marry that girl.

Today I was a lady of leisure. I nipped out quite late to meet a girl friend and we got our nails polished and shaped. We sipped on sauv while we caught up on that had happened in the month since I saw her last. And it reminded me of this quote, a favourite friend of mine had painted on a picture for me before she left for America:

"Friendship is not being inseparable, it's being separated and knowing nothing will change"

And in that moment I fully appreciated the beauty in those words.


I am excited. Tonight I booked a one way flight to Singapore. I'm leaving New Zealand on the 1st of July. In February when I was thrust back into my worst nightmare, I didn't fathom that so soon I would be heading back to Asia. I'm nervous because while I know I am more than capable of making this new adventure as amazing as my last, it's always scary taking that leap of faith.

But I've learned to trust in this amazing adventure that I'm on, and no doubt it'll work out fine!

I've attached a ridiculous photo of me checking out how I'd look with this as a tattoo! I will have photoshop back in order soon, so I can upload sweet snaps of what I've been up to.



I get to have a new countdown: six days until everything changes again. Six days!

1 comment:

Charlotte Lightbody said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked your afternoon tea date with me and marcus <3